CHEVY DOOR LOCKS, REMOTE, ANTI THEFT

2003 Chevrolet Silverado

Engine Cooling problem
2003 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 63000 miles

The anti theft engaged one day.(That was about 3 yrs. Ago) The truck did not start. My husband came an beat on the starter an it started. The antitheft light is still on. My remote started acting up 5 months ago, so I got a new battery. It still doesn't work. I got my husbands reprogramed(remote). I'm suppose to be driver 1, but it keeps showing me as 2 an sometimes 1. So I am locking the door either by key or by the door lock button. Tuesday 8-8-09, the door locks did not lock after I had put it in gear and drove 2 blocks. Also on the 9th, I put the key in to unlock the door and it unlocked both doors. I belive it is all part of the anti theft and I will be stuck somewhere again. But either way I have had enough.
Lets get this fixed before it causes more problems and me more money. What gives? And who should I take it too? The extened waranty ran out last month.

updated 9/14/09
I tried what you had suggested. The door locks still do not lock when in gear and going down the road. I had tried to program the remote once before. The panic button does not work nor will the remote its self, even after trying to reprogram again. My husbands remote still works. But do not no if with his key if the doors will lock when in gear, etc. What else do you suggest?
CherylM

Try these steps in this order!
TRANSMITTER SYNCHRONIZATION  Resynchronization may be necessary due to the security method used by the remote keyless entry system. The transmitter does not send the same signal twice to the passenger door module (PDM).  The PDM will not respond to a signal that has been sent previously. This prevents anyone from recording and playing back the signal from the transmitter.  The panic button should still operate normally when the system is out of synchronization.  Resynchronization may be necessary under the following conditions:  The battery in the transmitter is very weak.  The battery in the transmitter was replaced.  The battery in the vehicle has been in a low or no charge condition for an extended period of time.  In order to resynchronize the transmitter with the PDM, perform the following steps: 1. Stand within 1.5 meters (5 ft) from the vehicle. 2. Simultaneously press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter for 7 seconds. The door locks should cycle in order to confirm resynchronization. TRANSMITTER PROGRAMMING There are 3 methods for programming transmitters which are listed below as method 1-3. Up to four transmitters may be programmed to the passenger door module (PDM). Each programmed transmitter is given a position #1-#4 in the PDM memory. Method 1-No Tools Required, Program All Transmitters The order in which the transmitter are programmed will determine its numbering position within the PDM memory. The first transmitter programmed will be transmitter #1, and the second transmitter programmed will be transmitter #2. The number stamped on the transmitter case is for reference IMPORTANT: Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle. IMPORTANT: All transmitter which are to be recognized by the PDM must be programmed in a single programming sequence. When using this program method, all previously programmed transmitter will be erased upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Only: #2 can be programmed as #1, or vice versa. Additional unnumbered transmitter are also available. 1. Close all the vehicle doors. 2. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder. 3. Press and hold the door unlock switch. 4. While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF. 5. Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode. 6. Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter. 7. Repeat the previous step to program up to four transmitters. 8. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter programming mode. 9. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

For autolock/unlock Follow thises step by step!
Programmable Automatic Door Locks (If Equipped) If the vehicle has power door locks, it is equipped with a feature that enables you to program the power door locks. The vehicle left the factory programmed to automatically lock all doors when the vehicle is shifted out of PARK (P), and all doors unlock when the vehicle is shifted into PARK (P). If the vehicle has a manual transmission it left the factory programmed to lock all doors when the vehicle speed is greater than 24 km/h (15 mph) for two seconds, and unlock all doors once the key is removed from the ignition. The following instructions detail how to enter the programming mode for the power door lock feature: 1. Begin with the ignition OFF. Then pull the signal/multifunction lever all the way toward you and hold it there while you perform the next step. 2. Turn the key to RUN and LOCK twice. Then, with the key in LOCK, release the turn signal/multifunction lever. Once you do this you will hear the lock switch lock and unlock, the horn will chirp twice and a 30 second program timer will begin. 3. You are now ready to program the automatic door locks. Select one of the following four programming options and follow the instructions. You will have 30 seconds to complete programming. If you exceed the 30 second limit, the locks will automatically lock and unlock and the horn will chirp twice to indicate that you have left the program mode. If this occurs, repeat the procedure beginning with step 1. You can exit the program mode any time by turning the ignition to RUN. If the LOCK/UNLOCK switches are not pressed while in the programming mode, the current LOCK/UNLOCK mode will not be modified. The following is a list of available programming options:  All doors lock when the transmission is shifted into gear: Press the lock side of the power door lock switch on the door panel once.  All doors lock when the vehicle speed is greater than 13 km/h (8 mph): Press the lock side of the power door lock switch on the door panel twice.  No automatic door locking: Press the lock side of the power door lock switch on the door panel three times.  Driver's door unlocks when the transmission is shifted into PARK: Press the unlock side of the power door lock switch on the door panel once.  All doors unlock when the transmission is shifted into PARK: Press the unlock side of the power door lock switch on the door panel twice.  All doors unlock when the key is removed from the ignition: Press the unlock side of the power door lock switch on the door panel three times.  No automatic door unlock: Press the unlock side of the power door lock switch on the door panel four times.
9/10/2009 .

Merlin2021