CHEVY ACCELERATION PROBLEMS

2002 Chevrolet Silverado

2002 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 94000 miles

It has almost no acceleration power and my SES light is on. Iv changed my spark plugs, wires, and my coil plug are on order. But im trying to make sure that is the real problem for my acceleration problem. I no the SES light means multiple misfires
Bgood_02

Hi Do you have a P0300 code? Is there a notiable miss or just sluggish? Also 4.3L, 5.3L or 6.0L?
Let me know
Thanks for donate
Any recent repairs? Recent tune?

Docfixit
I have a 1500 5.3 4X4 its sluggish when accelerating and has problems reaching higher speeds

Bgood_02
Was code P0300? Has fuel pressure been checked?

Docfixit
The code read multiple misfires but that was gonna be my next thing to check. Besides that what else could be causing this problem

Bgood_02
Lots of stuff the most difficult of all engine codes.
I've seen intake gaskets, broken valve spring and the most common bad CATS and faulty Crankshaft position sensor. Have back pressure checked 1-2 psi NO more. If high bad Cats.
Let me know
Is there a noticable miss?

Docfixit
Not now I just changed out the gas filter and it was doing really shifting very nicely then nutting well then it seemd like I had no pressure when I pressed the gas, I had it about half way down and it was like I was idling, and there's a clank in the front, think maybe a loose distrubiter?

Bgood_02
Can you get a fuel pressure gague and check?
Is clank something new? Can you hear it at idle?

Docfixit
Yeah im going to check the pressure after I change out my coil packs. The clank has been there but at first it was faint so I assumed it was a rock in the frame rails but now im starting to think it might be a factor.

Bgood_02
Does it clank when you put in gear and when trans shifts or accelerate?

Docfixit
Only when im accelerating, iv been told by a GM dealership that the CATs were bad but when we used a firends computer it read the CATs were working just fine.

Bgood_02
Page 1 of 2