CHEVY SPEAKER

2001 Chevrolet Silverado

Interior problem
2001 Chevy Silverado 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 122031 miles

my rear speaker on the drivers side is making a strange noise like a crackling sound and a banging sound. I've been told if its a short it could possibly catch fire? So my question is what do you think is wrong with it? I would prefer if a audio specialist would answer this. Is it possibly just loose os do I need to replace the speaker? What size speakers does this truck have?
Simplesomeone08

Yes check the wires on the back of the speaker and make sure that they are not lose and if so if you tighten them it should be fine. But the speaker will not catch on fire. But if that does not fix the prob. You should take the speaker out and replace it. And if you do have to replace the speaker you should go ahead and replace both of the back speakers so they will sound the same they are not to expensive you can get some decent ones at wall mart or some thing. And the speaker size for the back is 4x6 and there are 6 and a halfs in the front if you want to go ahead and replace them to. And when you have done this tell me if my advice helped you please and if not I will give you more info.

Inmate