CHEVY I DON'T KNOW

2001 Chevrolet Silverado

2001 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 160000 miles

I have this truck that seems to backfire through the air intake and hesitate to maintain idle rpms. I have switched out the spark plugs, switched out the fuel filter cleaned the mass air device and the throttle control valve but am still having the problem. Now on top of that when I press ther accelerator too fast it seems to loose power. I need to know whats up, THANX
Rodriddle

Need to check fuel pressure with a manual gauge to be sure it is in spec. They are sensetive to the correct amount of pressure to make the system work. Is the check engine light on? If so have the PCM scanned to see what trouble codes it may have stored.

Jack42
How do I check the fuel pressure? The check engine light is on

Rodriddle
There is a schrader valve (Like a tire) on the fuel rail you will need to use a manual gauge to see what pressure you have. If the light is on, it needs to be scanned, I would probably do this first, as it may lead to the fix without it being af uel pressure issue

Jack42
Thanx will go that way

Rodriddle
Lemme know what code/codes you get

Jack42