CHEVY ENGINE KNOCKS

2001 Chevrolet Silverado

Noises problem
2001 Chevy Silverado V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 20700 miles

I have a Chevy 1/2 4.8. I had replaced both knock sensors. After putting the engine back together it has a continous knocking noise upon start up (it didn't have that before taking it apart).

I bought and replaced the knock sensors (2) and the wiring harness.

I reassembled the fuel injection the opposite of which it came apart and proceeded with the rest.

Any assistance with this would be great.

Thanks Annie
Annie

You said the knocking began after putting the engine back together. How deep did you go? Intake, heads, pistons, crank? What do you mean you say you reassembled the fuel injection opposite? The info could help.

Autofixer2
Why were the knock sensors replaced?
You could have dropped something down an intake runner.

Dennyp
Thank you Denny. It appears that a clip did indeed end up down in the runner.I suppose we should have the motor replaced. Thanks again

Annie
If it was a metal clip, I would try to get it out with a magnet first. If it was a plastic injector connector clip, it should burn up in the cylinder pretty quickly. You can get a magnet in the spark plug holes. This would be a great time to have a boroscope handy.

Dennyp