CHEVY LEAKING WATER

2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Engine Cooling problem
2000 Chevy Silverado V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 165000 miles

I recently replaced the water pump (it was leaking), I also replaced the air compressor (I now have cold air), and then the current problem started, I first noticed leaking water, it looked like it was coming from the condenser attached to the firewall, (just underneath from drain) I was told that this was my heater core leaking, I also noticed vapors coming through the vents with a strong antifreeze smell. I " asked the experts" online and he just sent me the semantics on how to replace my heater core and take out and replace the dash ($15.00), this took two days, In orderfor me to get the heater core in, I had to disconnect the tubes and then re-crimped them (I don't know if that is how you are suppose to do it or not, but that’s all I could come up with), Presently. My unit only blows air out of the defroster area (I hope I can retrace my steps and find that problem), but I still have the same problem as before, excessive amount of water leaking out of drain hole and also into floor board passenger side area and vapors out of defroster (fogging up window). NOTE: I did not replace the condenser along with the compressor and it was not leaking prior to that process! Chould it be leaking because I disconected and re-crimped the tubes (no way to see up in there without dismantling again), or is it in my Air Conditioning system? Short of having real mechanic fix it all, what do I need to do to fix this mess?
Kennethv50

HI.
The heater core is the only inside the box capable of omitting a antifreeze smell and steam the condensor will have water draining but not antifreeze.

Here is the facts, your heater core is leaking.
Now if it is leaking because of removeing and recrimping the tubes, possibly.
I can, t see the part you are talking about, but I have replaced many many heater cores in many diff vehicles. But have never had to crimp anything.

Yes you will have to dissassemble again, and quite possible that this core will be damaged.

Sorry but it is what it is. Billymac

Billymac