CHEVY FUEL DELIVERY PROBLEM

2000 Chevrolet Silverado

2000 Chevy Silverado 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 180000 miles

The engine stopped while going 60 mph. I replaced the fuel filter (which was dirty) and checked the fuel pump, fuel pump is working and has good pressure. Checked all fuses and all are good. The engine is not getting fuel. I can pour some fuel in the intake and the engine will start and run a few seconds. Could the pressure regulator swith be defective or?

Reply to pressure check - I turned the ignition on and checked the pressure at the pressure test port by the intake manifold the pressure bled off to almost none - I poured fuel in the intake and let it run a few seconds and rechecked the pressure 18 psi.

Could a defective pressure relief valve cause this problem?
Eek85

Did you check the fuel pressure with a fuel pressure gauge and what was the reading? See below EWD of the fuel pump-

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_oil_sending_unit_and_fuel_pump_circuit_33.gif

From: eek85
To: rasmataz
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7: 15 am
Subject: No fuel to engine
Reply to pressure check note on C1500 6 cyl - I turned the ignition on and checked the pressure at the pressure test port by the intake manifold the pressure bled off to almost none - I poured fuel in the intake and started and let it run a few seconds and rechecked the pressure was 18 psi.

Thanks for your response

Sounds like the fuel pump is gone-if you have the correct voltage at the pump connector/no bad connections-replace the fuel pump.

From: eek85
To: rasmataz
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7: 44 am
Subject: 1500 fuel issue
Someone also said it might be the pressure regulator valve - What do you think, on this truck you have to remove the intake manifold to get to it. I take it there should be more pressure than 18 with the key on.

Vortec/Spider Injection CPI

FPR could be leaking if so the passenger side will be washed-up when you remove it -check the FPR 1st before the pump.

It was the fuel pump. Thanks.

Eek85