2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Air Conditioning problem
2000 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 100k miles

About a year ago I had the condenser changed, Mid summer, (it was leaking). The Next summer it wasn't blowing cold, got a recharge can w/leak detector @ NAPA. I couldn't find a leak with the dye in it, it worked fine most of the summer, but stopped blowing cold so I just let it go, until this summer. I don't drive my truck allot, a month ago when starting it there was a very loud grinding noise, (definitely sounded like a bearing, or a pulley). But only at an idle, once I started driving it got quiet. While far from home (of coarse), It got louder. I stopped @ a MR. Tire Shop, the Mechanic there used a stethoscope & determined it was the clutch on the air conditioner. Being far from home & a truck full of tools, we just cut the belt. Can I just put a new bearing, clutch, or pulley on it, to get it working? Do you think the clutch was the problem, or is it still leaking, Or did I put to much refrigerant into the system? Or.
Thank you. Trix