CHEVY 4WD

2000 Chevrolet Silverado

2000 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 180000 miles

My Silveraldo's Trans went out. I took the trans and transfercase out of a 2002 that I had and put it into my 2000. 4WD worked great for about 3hrs. I can hear and feel the 4WD engage but doesn't seem to send power to the front axle. I replaced to the actuator in the front axle and still no 4WD. I put in 4LOW and the low " gear" kicks in, but still not the front axle. I can " hear" the actuator moving if underneath the truck. If I jack the front off the ground and move the tires, I can feel the front axle move the driveshaft and dis-engage when put in 2HI. I am completely stumped. I can hear and feel 4WD kick in and out with motor of and in the air, what could be the problem?
Bdwlf2

The best thing to do is to check to see ifyour front axle is getting the power at the actuator and if it is good power not weak power or low voltage. These actuators can go bad as well, but can be fixed if they are taken apar very carefully and then when put back together use silicone on the ends to keep them from getting crap in them as that's what happens and they no longer work right. It may be just the actuator is bad as we don't know what t case you have. It could also be a ground problem or connections that are bad. Aka not sending enough voltage

I have already replaced the front axle actuator. With the front wheels off the ground I can feel the resistance of it engaging when I spin wheel by hand. I can feel is disengage when I go back to 2HI.

I when into a gravel lot in 4HI and 4LOW and only rear wheels spin. It's like the transfer case isn't sending power to the front.

Bdwlf2
I can also " feel" the transfer case shift into 2HI, 4HI, & 4LOW and hear the motor engage it. But no power to the front. The rear axle responds to HI and LOW settings but not the front.

Bdwlf2
Not seeing your setup the question that comes to mind is did you use the original actuator off the 200 truck or the 2002? I think the problem may be that the 2002 has a module for the t-case and the i'm not sure if the 2000 does or not. It will be under the dash on the passenger side I think. It could also be the wiring ging to the newer trans may be different from the one you took off. I'll have to investigate this further wiring issue wise to see if that is where your problem really lies. Hopefully you have checked th estuff like fuses and relays as they may have gone bad as well. Those should be in the underhood electrical center if they have one which i'm sure there are.

I looked at teh schematics and most stuff seems ok. But there is a front speed sensor for the front prop shaft and see if that is connected well or the sensor may be damaged. It is on the case where the shaft comes out. It may not be reading that the shaft isn't turning causing your problem. Or the wires are screwed up like a bad connection or were damaged.