CHEVY COMPRESSOR KICKING OFF AND NOT COMING

1999 Chevrolet Silverado

Air Conditioning problem
1999 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 126000 miles

Hey y'all! I have another question. My '99 Chevy Silverado is having AC troubles. My compressor will work for about 5-15 minutes and then cycle off but not cylcle back on! If I play with the AC button on the control panel sometimes it kicks back on or if I shut off the AC for a few minutes it works again but only for a few minutes. My truck is black and it gets hot as all get out in the summer time here in Florida so AC is nice! : -) I have replaced the low pressure switch 3 times with no results, took it to an AC shop and had them pressure test it, clean out the system and recharge it. They did all that and found nothing wrong with it when they pressure tested it. So the AC ran for a min then it did it's usual deal and they were dumbfounded. As I said in my question about my speedometer, getting a straight answer from Chevy is damn near impossible. One person from there said it was a sensor somewhere that was doing it and was the reason air blows out the vents in defrost mode and the defrost in vents mode. Then later on they told me it did it because my water pump is leaking so the computer shuts off the AC to protect the engine. Funny thing is, my water pump isn't leaking. I'm tired of spending money and not getting any results! Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!
Medicine Man9921

So the pressures are within spec and it just shuts down? Do you have a test light? Need to start at the compressor to see if it is losing its power to the coil.I have seen weak engagement coils/clutchs not be able to hold so they shut off. When it wont run also test to see if you have power in and out of the cycling switch.

Jack42