CHEVY DTC P0140 AND P0160

1998 Chevrolet Silverado

Computer problem
1998 Chevy Silverado V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 90000 miles

The check engine light is on, so I can't get my truck inspected. The two codes are P0160 and P0140. I have replaced the o2 sensor for the P0140 code, checked all the wiring to that sensor from the computer to sensor. The computer was changed next and programmed for the vehicle. I have the service manual for this vehicle and have gone thru the whole diagnostic procedure and still cannot get the light to go out. There is no o2 sensor for the P0160 code. Checked for a signal at the VCM from the o2 sensor and am getting a varying signal so the sensor is working to the VCM. Have also checked inside the VCM and the signal is getting inside the VCM. Please do not think that I am the average guy working on vehicles. 45 years repairing vehicles, UTI graduate, working in field for 7 years, do not need ASE certifications for job but could take tests and be master certified at any time.
Dwold