CHEVY OIL FILTER COMING LOOSE OND BLOWING GA

1997 Chevrolet Silverado

1997 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 160000 miles

yesterday dec.24 I started my truck and oil gushed out, I got underneth and started screwing my oil filter on I thought it was striped (napa gold) then it tighted started again same thing, went to part store got wix #51036 put it on same thing tighted it down real snug and it blew the gasket, took it off over night let it drain, this morning put torpedo heater under truck and blew compressed air through center hole in oil filter housing hoping it was pluged air went and oil came out other hole, changed my oil 500 -1000 mi ago with synthcit 10w-30, changed yesterday with casteroil 5w-30, live in mn, heelllpppp, merry christmas
M74cran

Think pressure relief valve in oil pump will not open and high pressure blows off filter

Docfixit
Thank you for the reply, that seems to be the general concences around town, I took off the oil filter adapter and blew compressed air through the oil cooler lines and adapter all seems clear, the relief valves in the adapter seems to be working fine, used brake cleaner to clean up adapter and got the oil pan bolts off and froze my butt off laying on the frozen ground, tommorow I will finish taking it apart didn't know the front drive shaft would be in the way but all well, Thank you again I will keep you posted.

M74cran
Most likely need to unmount engine raise up to clear bellhousing. Try cardboard and an electric blanket

Docfixit
All is well, put back together and no leaks, but still leary and don't know why, the front axel moves with 3 bolts removed and turn wheels to the left

M74cran