CHEVY WONT START BUT TURNS OVER

1993 Chevrolet Silverado

1993 Chevy Silverado V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 190000 miles

it turns over fine and runs like a champ but gettitng it to start is the trick. I thought it was teh fuel pump and/or fuel filter so both replaced twice! But nothing helped. I reprime multiple times and can even smell gas at times if primed enough but it just keeps turning over but never will crank like its not gettin gas or something. But if it was the fuel injector it wouldnt run right when driving so I know its not that. If its the lines I would smell it or still notice it when driving. The thing is though at times it will crank on the first prime but has to turn over a bit but then others it takes ten minutes to get it to crank. I need this fixed before my starter goes out or worse
Mickking

Check the fuel pressure to confrim if its within specification-if so test the fuel pump relay and the coolant temperature sensor-

When you put key at run position -do you hear the fuel pump come on for 2secs? after the engine fires up the OPSU takes over the power to the pump

Below is the fuel pump circuit

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_oil_sending_unit_and_fuel_pump_circuit_68.gif

Yea but the fuel pump primes for much longer then 2 seconds. I turn to run position and it takes almost ten seconds if not more to stop the humming noise of priming. Then turn it over and it turns over but wont crank usually on the first prime. I took it to the local shop but they said they cant figure out the problem unless it messes up which it never did. It did the delayed start on first prime when they had it. Im not a mechanic so im taking this advise to the shop just want to get ideas on what could fix this. If I dont get this fixed soon its goin to cost me more then I can afford to repair. Please help

Mickking
My truck wont even start now. It started this morning on the first prime, delayed but started. Now I tried for ten minutes to get it to crank multiple primes pump the pedal nothing. Im thinking its not getting a spark or the injectors are not on to send it fuel, but since it runs fine after it starts it has me curious on what it could be that effects it so much at crank time but has no effect at all once its running!

Mickking
When it refuses to start do below and see what happens

Get a carb cleaner and spray into the carb or the throttle body on an EFI. Did it start and die? If not disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors-