CHEVY FUEL PUMP NOT WORKING

1990 Chevrolet Silverado

1990 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 152000 miles

pulled tank and tested fuel pump by hooking sending unit straight to battery works fine. Will not work when it is plugged into regular wires. Traced wires did not see any breaks or bad spots. Replaced relay and fuel pump fuse. Also the ignition was replaced about 4 months ago. It died a couple of days ago and I checked to see if it was getting fuel but wasnt sprayed starting fluid in th throttle body and it would star but die of course. I also checked the pump before I pulled tank by runnig a wire from battery to the aldl g wire and nothing happened the book said pump was bad. Please help dont know what else to do!
Reebenu

So no fuel sprays from the injectors when its turning over. Do you hear the electric pump turning for approx. 3 seconds when you turn on the key? Reason I ask is the problem may be fuel pump related or fuel injector related. Trying to isolate your problem.

Reading your issue again, it sounds like the pump isnt working, but I would need verification of my initial question. If the pump is not turning on, you could get a test light and find the fuel pump relay which is located on the firewall behind a black plastic cover on the passenger side under the hood. Find the gray wire and backprobe it while someone turns on the key. This wire goes directly to the fuel pump.

Get back with more info once you've done that and we will see if we can go farther.

Jetsa
There is no power going to fuel pump through harness relay is new could the oil pressure switch be the problem, or maybe even ecm? I was told that it may be a wire from the battery or maybe even the starter is this true? I need to get this thing on the road to soon. Please help

Reebenu