S10 LIFTERS, DASH LIGHTS, VIBRATION

2010 Chevrolet S-10

96 chevy s10, 4 cyl, small engine, 140,000, engine rebuilt at 139,000.

Hi, I had my engine rebuilt at 139,000 miles but the guys did not change the lifters, said he didn't know they were bad until the engine was back together. They clatter. When it idles is the only time you hear them. The truck runs great, oil pressure is normal, etc. But the noise irriatates me. The mechanic, my husband, father in law and father all say that it is more annoying than anything else, but won't make me break down. I would like to have it fixed but wonder about how expensive it is. What do lifters do anyway? Is this hurting the newly rebuilt engine?

The dash lights will not come on at all. I have the indicators for check engine, seat belt, air bag, etc and they work, but the illumination does now. I replaced fuses and they still won't.

The truck shakes when I hit 40-50 mph. This is the only time.
Ambersaxton