CHEVY DRIVE SHAFT VIBRATION ON EXTENDED CAB MODEL

2000 Chevrolet S-10

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
2000 Chevy S-10 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

This is my 2nd or 3rd extended cab S-10. They have a two piece drive shaft. Eventually it vibrates and causes damage. Either the u joints need replaced or the center bearing thing that holds the drive shaft in place. It seems like avery two years I have to get one of these parts repaired. Last problem I had was the drive shaft comeing loose from the center housing and the drive shaft fell down with I was driving down the highway. It is also very interesting to note that the vibration always and only happens around 25 MPH and is smooth under and over that speed. I have read countless blogs from other S-10 owners who have the same problem, but I cant seem to find a solution so far. Many S-10 owners mistakenly think it is something stupid like tires that are not balanced or something to do with issues they caused from lowering their trucks. It is a fact that it is an issue with the poor design of the 2-piece drive shaft design. I was told by the transmission shop it is a manufacuture defect with all EXTENDED CAB S-10's TWO PIECE DRIVE SHAFT. Here's my question: Is there any way I can put a single piece drive shaft in and eleviate these problems? If so I need the specific info.
Mario hart

We sublet this to a local drivetrain specialist shop. They were bought out by Fleetpride.

Thank you for your advice. I went the the feetpride website as you instructed. I called the Illinois shop (as I am in Illiniois). That Fleetpride said they did nothing with passanger trucks and only deal with heavy-duty trucks. He said their are about 400 Fleetpride locations and I should contact the local one that you (2carpros. Com) refered me to that you mentioned you " sublet this to a local drivetrain specialist shop. They were bought out by Fleetpride.&Quot; So can you please give me their ph# so I can inquire of them for the replacement drive shaft you mentioned to me about?
-Thank you so very much for your help. I would love to finaly have a solution for this.

Mario hart
1-800-724-1640

I have a 2001 GMC Sonoma 104Kmi. With ZQ8 sport suspension. 6 mo. Ago I had the double Cardan joins replaced and the rear cardan just failed again after 10K miles. Got ahold about having them replace the cardan joint and ballance the shaft. Local NAPA did it lat time, won't touch it now. After talking with Jim from DynoTech I asked him about the Driveshaft Alignment Kit from Jags

He said that maybe the only way to get the new Cardan joints to last more than 6 to 12mo. He said he just got out of a meeting with the Mfg. That made the drive shaft in my truck and they know that they are prone to failure and GM has discontinued the double cardan joint idea. The alarming thing was he said parts for this shaft are going to be discontinued shortly. Which mens custom made shafts from here on out, big $$.

So I'm hoping that the Driveshaft Alignment Kit from JTR will take care of the cardan joint failure problem. The vibration would only hit bad from 55 60 MPH but still ruined the cardan joint gues this is even worse with lowered trucks like mine.

Daubs
We replaced one a few years back as a customer shaft on a 98 S10. It ended up running about $625.

No problems after 40,000 miles.