CHEVY STUCK IN 4WD

1996 Chevrolet S-10

1996 Chevy S-10 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 104, 00 miles

Hi I have a 1996 s-10 pickup 4wd with manual transfer case. Truck is stuck in 4wheel hi and seems like there is no way to get it back into 2 wd or 4 wheel low or neutral for that matter. I have tried to put some pressure on the lever as I more forward and reverse slowly and even at faster speeds with no luck. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also as a second problem, Last year I replaced dthe turn signal/backup light fuse in same truck with the wrong size fuze (mistake) and subsequently fried a wire somewhere for the turn signals. The power seems to make it to the flasher, but past that I can't find the burnt wire. Maybe a wiring diagram would help? I recall smelling and seeing some smoke near the passenger side floor mats.

Thanks!
JPD123