CHEVY ENGINE OIL COOLER HOSE

1996 Chevrolet S-10

Other Category problem
1996 Chevy S-10 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 110400 miles

I need to replace the engine oil cooler lines that go to the radiator.

A Dorman 625-122 hose assembly is called out as a replacement.

The OEM connection at the radiator has a nut on the
oil line end that is held in place with a clip at the radiator connection.

The replacement lines only have a flare and large plastic washer (unknown purpose). The oil filter adapter end looks ok.

Do I just remove the OEM lines, push the flared ends into the radiator connection and install the clip?

Or do I have to buy a dealer part? (Say it isn't true!)

The transmission oil cooler lines seem to connect that way at the radiator.
Chas1

Install the clips first then snap the oil cooler lines into fitting. They sell the replacement piece that goes into radiator at your parts store in the (help) section. I usually replace them as a rule because they can leak. There are little o rings inside that get hard over time. Hpe this helps

Mastertechtim
I completed my repairs to the S 10 and here is what I found: The top pipe on Dorman 625-122 hose assy is bent at the wrong angle and had to be reformed at the radiator connection.

The OEM line ends have false nuts on the radiator end connection. After removing lock ring, the lines just pop out. The replacement lines just have a flared end.

The hose to engine clamp doesn't fit correctly and I replaced it with the original. It is fun trying to get the mounting screw back in.

Remove the air filter box to gain access to the line to radiator connections.

Pop out lock rings to remove lines, push in new line,
then press in lock ring to lock line in fitting.

No leaks so far.

Chas1