CHEVY STARTER REMOVAL

1982 Chevrolet S-10

1982 Chevy S-10 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 102000 miles

I have both starter bolts out, all wires disconnected, and cannot remove starter, not enough room. How do you get this starter out?
Bigdaddy_1

Below is the replacement procedures for the rear wheel drive truck. If your vehicle is equipped with four wheel drive just let me know.

REMOVAL: Disconnect the negative battery cable.
When necessary for access from underneath the truck, raise and support the vehicle safely using jackstands.
On 2.5L engines, remove the brush end mounting bracket from the starter motor.
Tag and disconnect the solenoid wiring. If the wiring is difficult to access with the starter installed, remove the bolts and partially lower the starter for access to the wiring. If this is done, be careful not to stretch or damage the wiring.
Remove 1 of the starter mounting bolts, then support the starter and remove the other bolt.
Lower and remove the starter from the vehicle. Be careful, as the starter is heavier than it appears.
Note the position of any shims, if used, for installation purposes.

INSTALLATION: Position the starter in the vehicle (along with any shims which were removed) and support while threading the starter mounting bolts.
Tighten the starter mounting bolts to 30-33 ft. Lbs. (40-45 Nm).
Engage the starter solenoid wiring as noted during removal.
On 2.5L engines, install the brush end mounting bracket.
Connect the negative battery cable.

Thanks for using 2CarPros. Com!

You might have to move the trans coolant line a little bit but dont take them out if you dont have to either that or remove the flywheel cover

Redneckeric511