WIPERS/POWER LOCKS/RADIO PROBLEMS

Chevrolet Other

Chevrolet Silverado 1500 pick-up truck, 1992, mileage 61,500.

I have 3 major problems with my truck:

1.- Whenever I need to use the winshield wipers, I never know beforehand if they will work; they seem to do it on a whim. I can hear the motor working, but most of the time they just dont' work. If it helps, I have noticed that, when they do work, the car and the day are cold. Do I need to replace something on the wipers motor?

2.- The power door locks don't work, at all. What is it I need to buy or fix?

3.- Whenever I turn on the radio, it turns off by itself (if and when it turns on.) I mean the radio is still on, but it becomes mute. I have to wait for about 10 days before it works again for about 2 minutes. Also, when it works, it sounds badly, like if there is also a problem with the antenna. What do I need to do? Thanks a lot in advance!
Blackdevil

Well, soundss like you have some problems, sounds electricall. As for the radio, check the fuse, it might be the attenta as for the sound not coming in to clearr but its higly unlikly the attenta is making the radio turn off. As for the power door locks, sounds like a fuse as well, and for the wipers. It seems like the wiper arms arent connected to the motor. But you say you do hear the wiper motor going when you then them on correct?

Lsussel
Exactly, I hear the motor working. I have asked around a bit, but they keep telling me that I must purchase another motor, and taht there are no individual parts available. I wish this were not true, because the motor is quite expensive. Please advice. Thanks again.

Blackdevil
I dont think you can get separate parts. If the motor has never been replaced before then it sounds like its time to replace tha motor. You can get it cheaper on our website which is

24 hour shipping. Or try your local auto zone.

Lsussel
Thanks A LOT! Could you please tell me exactly what to buy? I've been searching the web address you gave me, but I can't be positive on which product to choose. I chose the following categories (please tell me if I did it correctly): 1992 Chevrolet pickup C 1500 1/2 ton 4x2 V6 26-2ci 4.3L F/I VIN Z, and on product: Wipers - Wiper motor. Could you be as specific as possible as to what is the right one for my needs? And also, do you deliver outside the US? Thank you, and sorry for all the trouble.

Blackdevil
No touble at all. Let me find out and I will reply to this post. Or would you like me to shoot you an email instead?

Lsussel
Yes, an e-mail would be nice, thank you.

Blackdevil
Hi, I never got an answer from you. Is everythig OK?

Blackdevil
THE WINDSHIELD WIPER MOTOR MAY FAIL DUE TO CRACKED SOLDER JOINTS ON THE CONTROLLER CIRCUIT BOARD. THE WINDSHIELD WIPERS COULD WORK INTERMITTENTLY OR NOT AT ALL. REPLACE THE WIPER MOTOR CIRCUIT BOARD AND COVER.

Recall Number: 03V159000

Bren1121
When I worked for a chevy dealer we did a lot of them

Garyj