FUEL PUMP PROBLEMS

Chevrolet Other

I have a 1999 Chevrolet Suburban with 279,000 miles. I have had it for 5 years and I have replaced the fuel pump every year. This year however I have had to replace it twice already. And I have went on the third replacement two days ago. I drove started it after completion and it turned on. I then turned it off. I started it a second time and drove it to a gas station to fill up, after I did and I went to turn it back on the fuel pump would not turn on. I towed it back home, and replaced it again. It did the same thing turned on once, and after the second time wouldn't turn on again. I have replaced the fuel filter as well. I figured by now it could not be the fuel pump going out again for a third time. So I disconnected the power connections and reconnected them and it would turn on once and that was it. I have checked the fuel pump relay in the engine fuse box and thats okay. I need any help or adivce that can be offered.
Shaun.sexton

I believe there is a Fuel pump connector that is bad on these. Check with Bruce Hunt, a moderator on this forum.