CAR WILL NOT START

Chevrolet Other

I HAVE A 89 CAMARO TODAY I TRYED TO START MY CAR AND ALL IT DID WAS TOUR OVER SO I CHECKED TO SEE IF THE SPARK PLUGS WHERE GETTING FIRE AND THEY WHERE NEXT CHECKED THE FUEL PUMP AND IT WORKS CHECKED TIMING AND IT IS OK ANY HELP
Timmy stubbs

If you have a good healthy spark and the fuel pump is running, I have two suggestions. First is thefuel getting to the injectors and into the cylinders. Test fuel pressure and make sure it is within specs. If not the line or the fuel fitler may be kinked or clogged, or the pump is defective. Just because it is running doesn't mean its pumping properly. If the pressure is good then pull at less 2 plugs and see if they have gas on them. If not the injectors may not be working due to a blown fuse or other problem within the injector system. If the above checks out good then I would suspect the timing is off (is there high mileage) due to the chain/gear slipping. Your car still has a distrubutor so to check this is fairly easy. Remove the #1 plug and distrubutor cap. Have a assistant place their finger over the spark plug hole as you turn the motor clockwise by hand untill they feel a build up of pressure. You are now on the compression stroke. Turn motor untill the harmonic balancer lines up with the correct timing mark. The rotor should now be pointing at the #1 tower (or in the vicinity) of the distubutor cap. If its off by alot then the chain has slipped cause ignition timing and valve timing to be off causing the car not to start. Good luck hope I 'll been helpful : )

Backyardmechanic