'87 ASTRO 4.3 STARTS, BUT DIES IMMEDIATELY

1987 Chevrolet Other

I have a 1987 Astro Van with a 4.3 v-6 with about 112k miles on it that has been sitting for about 3 years. It was running when it was parked (tranny went out and just now got around to replacing it).

It now will start, but will only run for a couple of seconds before it dies. The fuel pump wouldn't pass the flow test, so I replaced it. I also replaced the injectors (one of them was not spraying a good conical pattern) and while I was there I replaced the TPS and the MAP sensor.

So far, nothing has changed the symptom. There are no codes logged in the ecm and I have unplugged and reseated all the connectors on the engine and the ecm and have reseated all the fuses just in case. Still no luck.

Anyone out there with some good ideas? This van is really worth trying to keep, but I don' t want to spend a ton of money on it at the dealership.

I'll try anything at this point! Thanks, Roger
Rwilson2@tds.net