CHEVY OVERHEATING

2007 Chevrolet Optra

Engine Cooling problem
2007 Chevy Optra 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 60,000 miles

MY CAR IS ALWAYS OVERHEATING AND NOW IT'S LEAKING FROM UNDER THE ENGINE. ALL THE COOLANT YOU PUT IT RUNS OUT FROM UNDER THE ENGINE. WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT?
REFOUP

I suspect a lower radiator hose is bad, does it seem to be coming from the front or back of the engine?

Legitimate007
Thanks for the reply leg.007. The leak seems to be coming from the back underneath the engine.

REFOUP
It could be a freeze plug, but I doubt it, I think it is one of three things, a broken heater core, and the fluid is leaking through the condensation drain in the firewall(not likely) or the heater hose going into the firewall, water pump, or the lower radiator hose.(I guess that is four, but one is not likely) keep me posted

Thank you very much for the update. I am not really good with car technicality, and someone is looking at it. It's been three days and there is no update from him yet. And I will keep you posted.

REFOUP
Your very welcome, and please keep me posted as to what happens, we will always be here if you need us

My 2007 chevy optra was overheating
1- I found out my welch plugs (three plug on front and three on rear of engine block) were leaking - had my mechanic replaced with the copper types.

1- I unplugged all my radiator fans started the engine. Then shut off plug them on again and started. Fans running like normal cars these days

usually those fans wouldnt come on until the AC is turned on now I can hear them coming on in traffic especially the high seed mode.

Periodically check your fans. Especially after rain or water
no problen since

Dennis martin