CHEVY CHEV PROBLEM

2006 Chevrolet Optra

Computer problem
2006 Chevy Optra 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 60000k miles

Hi, I have a 2006 Chevy Optra with only 60000 km on it and recently it started acting up. While shifting, I noticed the computer is flashing and not giving me a D, R, etc reading as if the computer is confused and when this happens during shifting, the car clunks a bit and causes the engine light to come on. I thought maybe since the computer flashes, the cars getting confused while I'm trying to shift causing the clunking. There is no overheating and the car runs perfect most of the time. It's happened twice and it's not a constant thing but the last time it happened the engine light eventually went off but now, it's started again. I'm not too sure if this is a computer problem or a transmission problem since there is not many km on it. I heard it could be the transmission switch or mayve the transmission command module or that maybe my car needs a software update?Does this sound like a computer problem or the transmission itself? Any ideas of what this could be and what I should do? Thanks!
Rxqueen101