CHEVY

2000 Chevrolet Metro

2000 Chevy Metro 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 974XX miles

I was recently driving my metro and I was making a right hand turn and the car died. I had it looked at and they could not figure out what the problem was and cleaned the carburetor. The next day I went to start my car and it started fine. When I hit the break to put the car in reverse it died. I finally got it started and went from reverse to drive and it died again. I had it looked at again and they thought it might be the sensor connected to the oil pan. Today I went to start my car and once again I had the same problems when hitting the break. It accelerates and decelerates fine. It is just when I hit the break to go into drive or reverse that the car dies. Any ideas what could be the problem?
Hoppe