CHEVY REAR BRAKES

2003 Chevrolet Malibu

Brakes problem
2003 Chevy Malibu 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 110 miles

Hello. Been having problems with this car since the day I bought it. For the past year i've been experiencing a pulsation when I apply the brakes. It's a 2003 chev malibu LS. The front wheels are caliper type brakes and the rear are brake shoe type brakes. So far everyone I talk to has told me to change the rotors and that should solve the problem. Well on saturday, I went ahead and changed both front rotors, both front calipers and both wheel disc pads. I used that silver colour anti stick brake lube to ensure all parts move freely. The front brakes are working fine, but that still didnt solve the problem. On sunday I went ahead and bought brand new shoes and drums for the back and put them on mself. I used the same silver colour lube also ensure parts move freely. Additionally I went ahead and replaced both rear cylinders just incase. Problem still not resolved. I tested the parking brake, it works fine. But I wanted to see what would happen if I apply the parking brake while driving around 15kmph. When I applied the parking brake, the passenger side rear wheel kept making a knocking noise. It's as if the brake shoes are attempting to grip, but keep slipping and banging on something. All parts were secured and I set the parking brake before putting on the drums just to ensure everything worked smoothly. I dont know what else part to change in order to fix this problem? Can anyone help?
Vodkaandwater

If you have everthing coorect then I would take the rear drum off and check it for roundness. If out of round a local shop would be able to cut them so there are truly round. They call it cutting the drum. Some drum will not be able to be cut due to thickness guidlines.

M_H_RITZEL