CHEVY ENGINE COOLING PROBLEM

2001 Chevrolet Malibu

Engine Cooling problem
2001 Chevy Malibu 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 146000 miles

begin have problems 5 months ago about engine cooling, changed antifreeze, but did not solve problem, then changed the reseivor twice and problem solve for around two weeks because the water temp damaged them, then changed a hose from radiator to thermostast, solve problem around a week, then changed the thermostat but it didn't solve the problem, then send the radiatior for service but again! The problem continues and water pump had been changed and problem is present, now water drain by reseivor security hose before cooling fans turn on, finally temperture sensor has been changed but the problem is present, I don't know what can I do, I hope you can help me.
thanks.
Taylorgmx

Have your cooling system as well as your radiator cap pressure tested to make sure there's no leak.
Analysing your coolant for exhaust gas could also reveal if your head gasket is leaking/blown or not (which is a strong possibility if you kept driving the car while it was overheating).

You said you flushed the radiator, but have you flushed the entire system? If you haven't done that, it's something you may need to do.

Also, sometime the lower radiator hose collapses. It may look fine from the outside but be bad in the inside. You may want to take a look at it.

You could have air trapped in the cooling system; make sure you bleed it well.

Have you checked the serpentine belt and the belt tensioner? If the tensioner is weak, or the belt old and stretched, it is possible that the belt slips on he water pump pulley resulting in the water pump not performing well.

Make sure your cooling fan turn on when it's supposed to. When car starts overheating, does the fan turn on?

RenaudTN
I had these same problems, and changed everything so far, except the actual radiator. Did you ever solve this and what was it? Thanlks

SailorCandi