CHEVY CAR WILL NOT TURN OVER OR START

2000 Chevrolet Malibu

2000 Chevy Malibu 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 84000 miles

I cranked me car without any problem ran into the post office came out and the car would not do anything. None of the electricals work, I cannot even lock the car with the remote or from the inside lock on the door. For a while I've had a slow coolant leak and I have to top off from time to time with the manufactueres recommended coolant. I've had some problems off an on with the electrical system, the AC not working. But other than these things I've never had to do anything other than routine oil changed, new breaks and tires.
But when I do put the key in the ingnition and turn to crank after a couple of seconds the panel controls come on for a maybe 2 or 3 seconds. The car makes no noise at all when I turn the ignition - no clicking or anything.

Is this an electrical problem? Or could it be the coolant leak has caused a problem? Could it have gotten too low and I just need to check and refill?

Do you think this is a major problem with my car and will end up costing a lot?

Thanks,
Lynn
Lynneckberg1118

Have the battery checked and the battery cables checked

Rhall77