CHEVY POWER STEERING

1999 Chevrolet Malibu

Steering problem
1999 Chevy Malibu 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

Ive been meaning to replace my outer tie rod ends and have not found the time to do it yet. The passanger one was really loose. My wife was driving the car and had a bunch of smoke coming out of it, then she said it was almost impossible to steer. Then the maintenance guy at her work took a look at it and said the power steering hose had ruptured, so Im thinking that the tie rod broke and ruptured the hose? Either way I havent had a chance to look at it yet. Do you think the steering pump might have gone bad? I really cant think why else the hose would have ruptured. Also, Im trying to find a diagram of the vehicle like you would find in a chiltons or something, I cant relly afford to buy a manual right now with the repair and all. Any idea where I could find a free one that I could download?
Davewelds2

Hoses get old and leak. then the fluid gets on the rotors with the heat they will smoke. I suggest if possible to fix the car if being driven. With the tie rods the car may be not too safe. here is a diagram of front

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/54223_ytuu_1.jpg

M_H_RITZEL