CHEVY ENGINE LIGHT FLASHING, CODE 302

1998 Chevrolet Malibu

Engine problem
1998 Chevy Malibu 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 210000 miles

I have a Malibu that was just put in the garage because she was hard to start. At first she turn over and over but not catch. Then all I got was clicking then nothing. We tried to boost but seemed like we were not getting good connection. We decided to have her towed to the garage.I had new Spark plugs and wires installed and the battery charged. She now starts but the engine sputters and shakes the engine light flashes and she even has a poor smell from the exhaust. She sputtering and shaking that bad that we cannot drive it. With so many kms I am not looking at spending a lot of money if this is something big. The garage said she is showing engine code 302 but was not exactly sure what the problem would be. ( The garage just does maintenance) Please give any advise as to what the problem could be. Thanks
ANewfiegirl

The po302 codes is a misfire on the second cylinder. The fuel is not burning and getting raw fuel into the cat causing damage and the flashing.
First they should swap the 2nd and third cylinder spark plug wires, then the 1st and 2nd cylinder plugs. IF the misfire moves to either the 1st or thrid cylinder you know it is one of them. If niether, iwould compression test that cylinder.