CHEVY NO CRANK, NO NO START

1999 Chevrolet Lumina

1999 Chevy Lumina 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 63000 miles

I have a 1999 Chevy Lumina with a 3100 v-6, automatic. Car was running fine when I got it to do some work on it for a friend. I charged his a/c and did front brake work. When I went to test drive it, it won't crank. All the lights come on. The starter doesn't click or anything. The security light flashes. I tryed his other key and does the same thing. I tryed moving the trans into neutral and still the same problem. Did I lose the key info, I'm a Chrysler technician by trade and if it was a Chrysler product, it would be no problem for me to figure out. But these GM's give me some trouble due to the fact that I don't know their quirks. A little help and direction is all I need here. Thanks.
Toolman Tim

Hello, there are two wires that go to the key cylinder, these are for the theft system. It is not uncommon for one of these wires to break.