CHEVY FRONT HUB BEARING REPLACEMENT

1997 Chevrolet Lumina

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
1997 Chevy Lumina 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 60000 miles

front driver side wheel bearing bad. Trying to replace. Cannot get bearing assembly out. Removed all bolts-4. See no other way fastened. Have hub puller. Does not come off. Very rusty. How can I remove hub bearing assembly? Cannot remove knuckle to try to press out--sorry, no picture.
Streamrock

Hello and thanks for donating

You could try heating it since it is rusty. This will cause the metal to expand and possibly loosen it up a bit. The replacement steps are below so be sure you have completed all steps as well..

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_Noname_2139.jpg

Bluelightnin6
Is it okay to use a pneumatic impact wrench on hub puller to provide more torque in pulling assembly out? Or would that vibration cause damage to cv joint?

Streamrock
Many people do like using impact wrenches on pullers, but sometimes this can do more harm than good so I wouldn't recommend it. The whole point of a puller is so you won't have to use a hammer, impact wrench or anything that could do damage to the cv axle or other nearby parts.

Bluelightnin6