CHEVY FRONT BRAKES LOCKING UP

1997 Chevrolet Lumina

Brakes problem
1997 Chevy Lumina 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 189000 miles

A week & 1/2 ago my front brakes locked up with my wife driving. Both wheels were hot with a bit of somke and a foul smell. The shop the next day replaced both calipers and added bfl. Picked the car drove it home and all seemed fine. The day I go for a longer ride (golf) the car having a tough time going the car is dragging and I smell the same foul oder.
Needless to say the car is back in the shop and the Tech's aren't sure the problem really is. After to sets of both frt calipers I am at the same place I started. Tomoorow hopfully I will have the car back if they replace the right part. They belive that the brake master/ module is the problem.
I thought that maybe the hoses were collasping but they stated that they were able to bleed the caliper each time they had them off.
so here I sit. And wonder?

thanks Cary
Kingfish42

This is very simple to diagnose. When locked up do both calipers free up when the bleeder is open? If they free up when either one is open then check and replace brake light switch, its holding master cylinder slightly. I have seen this happen. Let me know

Mastertechtim