CHEVY

1991 Chevrolet Lumina

1991 Chevy Lumina

I have looked on here for answers to my problem and found a problem similar to mine. &Quot; Question: 1999 Chevy Lumina Minivan. This van has never failed to start cold. If the van was just shut off hot and then restarted; it starts and drives without issue. However, drive the van around and get it warm, park it for 30 minutes the problem starts. It will start without failure but if you try to drive away it stalls and dies. To correct the issue you must feather the gas pedal for around 30 seconds until you can build the engine RPM up and hold it high until it smoothes out. Then drivability is fully restored, but if you stop the car will cut off again and you have to do it all over again. I just bought this van and the person I bought it from did not tell me about this problem, and when I test drove it it did not do this. I understand the anwer that was given to the other person the had this problem, but what should I have fixed on to stop this from happening? I just had a thermostat put in and coolant and the mechanic said it should've been fine. Please help?
Kinamsgray

Try using choke cleaner on the throttle plate as they load up with oi and juk and cause what you experieince a lot of times. Make sure to clean it onboth sides and spray around he oblong hole as that is the idle air control and that may be sticking. Also change the fuel filter as it may not be gettting proper fuel and have the fuel pressure checked. If this doesn't cure it or help it, it maybe the purge valve for the cannister is stuck open as those aren't supposed oopen until 30 mph. An easy test for that is to block off the vacuum line and see if that helps. If that still doesn't help then have your mechanic run a code test for an intermittent problem. They can do this with a scanner tool.