SQUEALING SOUND WHEN DRIVING DODGE AVENGER

2000 Chevrolet Impala

: ( Help, Please! : (
I have a 2000 dodge avenger that has about 72000 miles on it and a few weeks ago as I was driving down the highway a loud squealing or screeching sound began. It happens about every time I drive and is intermittant lasting about 2-3 minutes (people turn around and look at me because it is so loud. The only thing that seems to aleve the noise is when I apply or tap my brakes, when I do this is stops until I hit the gas again. I have not had any problems with the car other than having to replace the speed sensor about 6 months ago. Can you give me any suggestion as to what would cause this problem it seems to be coming from the front end of the car. :
Storm0220

Time to replace the front brake pads. The noise is probaly comeing from the brake whare indicator. Intermitant because its close to time and/or temp of brakes at a given time. Good luck

Palco
Thanks, I will take the car in and have them replaced. : D

Storm0220
If this is not the problem, it is possible one of your belts are loose or worn.
Fan, timing belts etc. It happens in mine sometimes when it is wet as well.

Drdecker
The only thing that seems to aleve the noise is when I apply or tap my brakes, when I do this is stops until I hit the gas again

thats why I sugested the brakes : shock: : wink:

Palco
If you will notice I said if this not the problem!

Also when you apply brakes on a vehicle your motor does slow down and so do your belts, and so does the noice. I am speaking from experience and saying noises do happen in the front end of vehicles when you have belts slipping due to wetness, slackness or wear. Ask any mechanic if this is true. So try to keep an open mind next time and read everything someone says, and try not to be a self imposed expert who claims to be the only individual who can have an answer to a question without all the facts.

Drdecker