ELECTRICAL SHORT?

Chevrolet Impala

I have a 1992 Chevy Suburban, K1500 4WD. Lately we have been having a problem when going to start the vehicle. After sitting for a while the battery seems as though it has been drained. Once it is jumped it is fine and sometimes will restart when turned off and sometimes will not, the passenger headlight keeps burning out, the rear driver side blinker is not working, and just tonight the brake lights went out. We figured there has to be a short somewhere, but where? We tested the fuse panel with a circuit tester and the light went on, I assume indicating a short at the following locations: ctsy, park lps, tdr, stop, and batt. I put the abbreviations as they are listed in the fuse panel as I am not sure what they all are. Any ideas on where to start? Any help would be appreciated.
Purpleali

Visually inspect the wiring

Jack42
We went through this today. It turns out that the doors were not shutting tight enough to turn off a delay timer, which continues to run until the battery is dead. The problem compunded when both doors did not shut tight. We cleaned the door switches insuring a good ground and put them back. Shut the door tight and ran tests to see if our short was fixed. Lo and behold--no short! Some people say this timer is inside the computer. One person fixed the problem by installing a toggle switch into the circuit so the circuit could be shut down.

Mer449s