CHEVY TOP ENGINE KNOCK

2004 Chevrolet Impala

Noises problem
2004 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 98,000 miles

I have a 2004 Impala that has a bad sound coming from the top of the motor. I recently had the rod bearings replaced but its still making a clacking sound like its out of oil (i know its not). Some people say its a stuck hydraulic valve lifter. Is it OK to drive like that? Could it be the cam or crank? Rod bearings were completely gone but I still have a knock. They were thin all the way to the bottom metal to metal. I was told that was the problem, but obviously its not. If the cam bearings are bad, whats the general cost to fix that? Or should I replace the motor? The car is paid off. How long would it take to fix?
CrookedToe63

Are you getting good oil pressure? Yes it could be cam bearings, but when the rod bearings were replaced, did they have the crank cut and use oversized bearings? Even with new bearings, a worn crank will still make noise.