CHEVY ENGINE DIES AFTER DRIVEN FOR A TIME

2002 Chevrolet Impala

2002 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 120, 00 miles

Have installed new ignition module, new fuel pump and new fuel filter. Car still dies after having ran for a while, in a few minutes it will restart again. What could be the problem. Engine light does not come on and there are no engine codes.
Hogan

When it stalls, does it not start right up again or do you have to wait? Roughly how long do you have to wait? When it starts after a stall, how does it run, normal or rough then smooths out. Please advise.

James W.
You usually have to wait 2 to 3 minutes before restarting engine. Then you would have to wait about 1 minute before beginning to drive to get the rpms up. The last time we started the engine it would not rev up over 4000 rpm and ran rough between 3500 and 4000 rpms.

Hogan
Check your fuel pressure at the fuel rail. If possible, leave the gauge attached to the rail so you can check the fuel pressure when the stall condition exists. Keep me posted.

James W.
Hogan,
Have you checked the Crankshsft Position Sensor?
It can shut off power to the ignition system.

My car had a problem very similar to yours. Engine stalled, could restart in 5-15 minutes, no check engine light, no malfunction codes from the computer. The only indication was that the Battery would show in the message center. The problem went away when the ssensor was replaced.

TakeChargeSarge

TakeChargeSarge