2001 Chevrolet Impala Repair Question
2001 Chevy Impala power steering problems
2001 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 156,00 miles
i have a power steering problem its hard to turn the wheel and inside where the power steering fluid goes it looks all bubbly
The way to fix this i1. Fill the fluid reservoir to the FULL COLD level. Leave the cap off.
2. Raise the front wheel off the ground.
3. Attach the J 43485 (Adapter) to the J 23738 (Mityvac), or equivalent. Place the J 43485 on/in the pump reservoir filler neck (refer to graphic). Apply a vacuum of 20 in Hg MAXIMUM.
Note: If the J 43485 (adapter) is not available, an equivalent can be made using a rubber seal/stopper and brass fitting.
Important: An assistant is needed for the next step.
4. Apply vacuum while turning the steering wheel lock to lock. Maintain 20 in Hg while turning. Using a clear line will allow you to see bubbles evacuating system. Stop when no more bubbles are seen.
5. Wait five minutes. Typically vacuum drop is 2-3 in Hg. Verify the fluid level. If the fluid level is low, fill to the full line.
6. Reinstall the cap. Start and idle the engine.
7. Turn the engine off. Verify the fluid level. If the fluid level drops, add fluid. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 until the fluid level stabilizes.
8. Start and idle the engine. Turn the steering wheel 180 °- 180 °in both directions five times. DO NOT TURN TO LOCK.
9. Switch the ignition off. Verify the fluid level.
10. Install the cap. The bleed procedure is complete.
s as follows.
0 questions asked