CHEVY NO POWER AND LOW RPM OUTPUT

2001 Chevrolet Impala

2001 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 54706 miles

2001 chevy impala ls 3.8l. Little to no power while accelerating " sputters or chokes" at and around 2k RPM. Changed the oil, air filter, checked front side plugs seemed to be in good order unable to get to back plugs. Did not check coils on distributor cap. Changed gas filter 4k miles previous though just came back from a road trip through GA. Condition Worsened though out the day of return, same day of oil change and air filter replacement. Problem was noticed to begin 1 day before it became a major issue, was able to drive in the morning barely sluggish only on take off and in lower RPM ranges. Now it feels as if something is moving against me when trying to drive forward.
Mbgreene

Sounds like your cat converter is plugged. Disconnect it from the engine and road test it and see if you have power then. You cam also try disconnecting your maf sensor and test driving it and see if you have power there. Let me know what you find

Rhall77