CHEVY BATTERY DRAIN

2001 Chevrolet Impala

2001 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

My impala acts like it has a dead battery if I do not start it every eight hours or so. If I let the car sit all day or so, when I open the door I can hear a clicking from under the dash, thats the first sign I can see when it dont turn over.
I've had the starter, alternater and battery tested several times, and each time they say they're good
What is the best way to find where the current draw is comming from when the car is off?
Big_G

Hi there,

Place an Amp meter between battery Pos(+) and the Pos cable, do not try and start the car. With the key out and doors closed check the current draw, if above about.2 amps pull fuses and see which circuit is drawing current, also unplug the alternator as you may have a faulty diode in the regulator back feeding current, start here.

Mhpautos
I've tried the amp meter, and mine claimed I had zero amps between the positive cable and the battery. So I picked up a manual at the library, and it said I should pull fuses and look for 12 volts across the terminals when the key is off. I understand that I should find some fuses hot at all times, so I eliminated every thing that has a memory and everything that works without the keys in the ignition, which eliminates my list (ie, cigarete lighter, hazzard lights, radio, etc.). The only systems that I had power to and could not identify were in the fuse box under the hood, I could not read the lable on the cover, do you know where I can find a picture of them?
Also, the system that still questions me is the power locks. I only measured 6 volts across that fuse, shouldent that be 12 volts?

Big_G