CHEVY

2000 Chevrolet Impala

2000 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 107100 miles

I have a 2000 impala that throws no codes < no nothing and will not start. Used to be a once a year problem, now its just a problem. In info center when I used to drive it a battery would appear and it would say security then work just fine. Last night I was stuck outside when I opened the door and tried to start I noticed no gauge lights. Tried jumping, kicking the car still nothing how do I fix this thing and make it drivable.
Bigharley

I'd make sure the battery has a full charge. I'd make sure the battery cables/wires are all clean and tight on both ends.

If the battery and everything checks out, You could do some testing at the starter relay under the hood, in the power distribution center. Just unplug the relay, the circuit for the load side of the relay, is hot all the time. The circuit for the control side of the relay, goes hot when you turn on the key or crank position. You can use a testlite on those two circuits, see if their hot.

The theft system shouldn't affect your starter circuit, but, if battery voltage was lost to everything, that loss can effect the theft system. You may have to do a reset/relearn on the theft system after you get voltage restored and the vehicle cranking.

I am Actually having a intermittent electrical problem. One of my friends pulled out my radio fuse and the radio kept playing. He replaced it with a new one and the car fired right up and has been working fine for 2 days.
Today while driving the coolant level low light kept flicking on and off. No smells or any steam coming from car. Checked radiator. Full of coolant. Did a few errands light popped on again. Checked all engine compartment fittings. Absolutely nothin. Went inside for a few moment came out and thought my car was on fire. There was smoke inside outside couldn't see the car.
Ended up blowing both upper and lower radiator hoses. Still cant figure that one out but replaced both added 2 cups of coolant and drove home fine. I like my 63 impala better. Its cheaper and more reliable

Bigharley