200 TRACTION AND ABS LIGHTS ON

1920 Chevrolet Impala

Both traction control and abs lights came on at the same time and neither feature is active. The pads were low on the rear wheels so I replaced them, checked all tire pressures, and disconnected the battery for 15 minutes. No change. Oh, yeah, the car has a 3. L engine and has 125K on it and has never been to the dealer. Any ideas?
Vg1390

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS, 75K, 3.8 L

This is not a question per se. It's to let you know that this issue is not unique to you. Many 200x Impala owners are reporting issues with Traction & ABS--especially at start up, but not limited to then. The issues appear to be that either or both Traction Control and Antilock Brakes kick in when initially starting up forward. Does not happen (at least for me) when backing up (as in out of a parking space.) I have also experienced the ABS kicking in when coming to a gradual stop the brakes "grind" and the car jerks forward slightly; since I was not going very fast (in a parking lot & garage) and I was not stopping hard, it should not have kicked in. Do a Google search with search criteria Impala + traction.) Sometimes, the ABS system shuts down completely and you have to turn off and restart your car for it to turn back on.

I have had my Impala in for repairs 4 times now and still no permanent fix. I did get a lead on a possible fix by replacing the wiring harnesses to the hub bearings. We'll see if that fixes the problem.

Buehl