CHEVY FUEL, EMISSIONS, AND STARTER CHECK ENGIN

2006 Chevrolet Equinox

2006 Chevy Equinox 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 45000 miles

My check engine light comes on for a few days then goes off. Right now its been on for a lil less than a week. I went to autozone and had them do a diagnostics. I dont remember what code exactly but it said it was either the fuel injectors or sensors(im assuming O2 sensors). I tried running some seafoam to see if it was gunk buildup on the injectors. Didnt help. When we brought it in to the mechanic to get it checked the light was off and they couldnt find what was wrong. No performance issues that ive noticed. Any advice?
Theanti87

Without knowing the codes, I would doubt that you have all injectors at fault, or all o2 sensors at fault. It could be possibilities of both banks lean/rich, and this won't necessarily present a noticeable performance issue, it could be related to catalyst efficiency(no performance issue). The problem is, the codes just don't necissarily point to a hard failure, it could be part of that cause and effect thing. I would continue to drive until the light reoccurs. Coincidentally, if the conditions that caused the code, corrected itself, it still should have had some kind of history stored. In most cases, faults have to be not present for at least 40 ignition cycles or more, to be purged from the history. Unless of course, a clear codes command had been issued with a scan tool, or code reader.

Factoryjack
Mine seems to be doing the samething to a curtain degree? I've only have had mine now for 2 maybe 3 weeks now, once I got it there wasno light, but then a day or 2 later it was on right out off now where, so I took it back to the dealer and the said it was just water or clogged and then they gave me a can of stuff? To put in with 10 to 11 gallons of gas, so. After a day or so? The light want off, then a day after that it came back on, then off and now it's back on after a week of it being off, so it's like it's back and forth, whats got me upset is my family and I just got this vehical, now I alittle worried about it failing on me with only 67,000 miles on it.

Hawkeye34
My emissions light keeps coming on. Sometimes it isn't on but mostly comes on again. Any suggestions?

Laurap17