CHEVY

2003 Chevrolet Corvette

Brakes problem
2003 Chevy Corvette V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 68000 miles

I have a 2003 Corvette convertible. The ABS light stays on and the
traction control light is on. Service traction system, service abs and service active handling shows on the display and flashes after awhile. I have changed fuse # 5 did not correct. How do I check to make sure it is the computer before sending to dealer? Or other suggestions.

Dick D.
Richard Duso

You can have the systems scanned for trouble codes. These systems are related and when one has an issue, it will shut the rest of them down. Any shop with the proper equipment should be able to scan it for you and get the trouble codes.

Jack42
Did I just spend $15.00 for this answer?

I'm a roofing contractor if you asked me a question on PVC or EPDM roofing.

How would like the answer, call a roofer.

Please answer the question!

Richard Duso
All of the systems listed are intertwined in the vehicle, any one sensor in any one of the systems can shut down all of them. This is a little more complex than you seem to think. There are yaw sensors (gyros), wheel speed sensors, ABS pressure sensors, steering wheel position sensors, way too many things to guess at what it could be. That is why the scomputer has the diagnostics built in, so the system can be scanned to see why the computer has shut everything down. Odds are it is a sensor issue rather than a computer problem

Jack42