CHEVY HARD START WHEN COLD AND

1985 Chevrolet Corvette

1985 Chevy Corvette V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 72644 miles

I have a 1985 Corvette 5.7L L98 V-8 & automatic tranny with almost 73,000 original miles on them. I recently had a full tune up performed on the car and the valve covers, oil, transmission, and coolant were also changed. And of course the fuel filter and air filter as well.

The problem I am experiencing with the car now is that it is hard to start regardless of the engine being hot or cold and the engine also misfires at times. It seems to misfire worse when the engine is cold and will drop the idle to the point of stalling out at complete stops. Sometimes when the engine is cold it'll also not respond to the gas pedal being pushed all the way down and it'll continue to sputter and act like it wants to stall out. I've noticed a popping noise that comes from the rear of the vehicle when it's determined to stall out with the engine cold.

Where should I start looking? I did some research on the Internet and the C4 Corvettes seem to have a lot of issues with the tuned port injection system as the car/engine ages. Should I look there first?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/343094_Engine_2_1.jpg

Jmbro12