CHEVY STALLING

1992 Chevrolet Corsica

1992 Chevy Corsica 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 126000 miles

My 1992 Corsica is in good shape except for a couple of issues. One I know what is wrong and I can fix it no problem. But there is another issue and I have no clue what is wrong with it; hence me asking you. So my car is stalling out when I idle after it has been driving for awhile. It will start fine, run fine then as soon as I have to stop, and I try to accelerate again it will stall. Also sometimes while im in the process of stopping it will shudder, not gently either, pretty violently. Ive tried a new air filter and new fuel filter, but no dice. Next im going to try fuel injector cleaner and see if that works, but I just thought id ask and see if you had any other advice.
Danielsarnik

It is the overdrive solenoid in the trasmission. It is going bad and can cause you to wreck. Yo temporarily fix this is a little trick that will work for a little bit but you will lose overdrive. There is a square plug on the side of the trans facing the front of the car. Unplug this and tie up. It will solve your stalling problem for now.
_________________________

I hope this helps. Please vote and comment. Remember donations help us keep this goiong.

Bigjim79