CHEVY CHEVY SHAKES WHEN GOING OVE

1991 Chevrolet Corsica

Shakes or Wobbles problem
1991 Chevy Corsica 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 70,000 miles

I just bought this car today and I was driving on the inerstate going 70mph and when I got off to stop at a stop sign it stalls out I start it up and starts just fine in park and idles good. Then I go to put it in Drive and it stalls out. I repeat this for about 5 times. Then it goes just fine. I drive home and at another stop sign and does it again. I repeat what I did early and drives fine. It also shakes really really bad after driving it for 5 minutes but if I turn it off and back on its fine. Also the faster I go it shakes bad sometimes and doesnt sometimes. I asked a guy what it was and he said its my sensor switch going from my transmission to my torque converter? Does that sound right and if so where do I unplug it. He said its near a box on my driver side and there should be two wires leading there. Any diagram would be greatly appreciated. Thanks if you need to know anything else let me know.
Nhsgilpen2007