CHEVY TURN SIGNAL CLICK STOPS WHEN BRAKE IS P

2004 Chevrolet Colorado

2004 Chevy Colorado

My turn signal clicking noise gets bypassed when I push my break pedal down. When I press my brake, the turn signal click sound will click once when I push the brake down and then when I let the brake up it will make the sound again. When I'm sitting at a stop light with my left turn signal, the turn light will work, but the turn signal noise will not work until I let up off of the brake pedal. It also seems that the right turn signal is dimly lit periodically when the brake is pressed.
Phattyjay

Check your grounds on the tailights. That may be why the one is dim. If not you might have a bad flasher.

I found the problem. It was a faulty pack for my trailer hitch lights. Once that was taken off and replaced, all was well. Thanks for the reply!

Phattyjay
Glad you got it fixed, next time let us know if you have atrailer conection as well. Also when you have a trailer alot of times you need a more powerful flasher to operate the system.